A year after India received its Independence, Shri. Manubhai Sanghvi and Shri. P.P Sanghvi started the company’s business operations as a primary dealer of Leyland Motors, UK for marketing their products in the erstwhile States of Bombay, Hyderabad and Saurashtra.
The company assembled about 2000 Leyland vehicles at its Kurla Works between 1949 and 1955. In addition to marketing, the company was also engaged in CKD assembly of Leyland vehicles till 1955, when Leyland Motors, U.K. entered into financial and technical collaboration with Ashok Leyland.
After taking the dealership for Mahindra & Mahindra in 1958, the company took up marketing of products manufactured by Ashok Leyland in the states of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat, Mahindra in Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. In 1986 dealership for Maruti Suzuki Ltd., was taken for Maharashtra at Navi Mumbai and subsequently extended to Nagpur, Aurangabad and Nasik.